Capacity development and the development of skills occur through a variety of possible approaches. SDS uses two forms of Capacity Development / Training in its work These are methodological support and thematic briefings.
- Mentoring on OECD/DAC and EU, UN methodology.
- Principles & practice of evaluation, results-based monitoring (RBM) impact evaluation, Theory of change (ToC), mixed methods, qualitative and quantitative approaches, evidence-based analysis and recommendations, PME, PCM, LFM, indicator development and use, strategic evaluations, knowledge management etc.
- Results-oriented Monitoring (ROM)
- Formulation and implementation of projects / programmes.
Thematic briefings include core topics of expertise such as:
- Governance and Rule of Law
- Gender and VAWG.